Education and Human Service Beliefs
- All people can learn.
- All students can be included into general education with the right support structure. When someone earns their way out of general education due to extreme, extenuating circumstances or behavior, there should be a comprehensive, objective, learner-centered reintegration plan.
- All people are employable with meaningful supports.
- Problem-solving and openness to innovations are the most important skills for educators and human service professionals.
- There is no career that is free from working in teams. Collaboration is essential.
- Change is a journey. Not everyone needs to be at the same place, but it is important for all to be going in the same direction.
- When going through change, think big, but start small.
Source: Dr. Patrick Schwarz, www.patrickschwarz.com