Promoting inclusion for individuals with disabilities means that everyone must be on board. Inclusion shouldn’t end at home or in school. As an Erie County business owner and employer, you know that the workforce is the heartbeat of our city. The products you create and sell, the ideas you spread, and the services you provide give people the opportunity to be part of something greater: community.
We hope the resources we’ve compiled below will demonstrate the value of inclusion in our community. They walk you through disability etiquette and workplace accommodations; share perspectives on including people with disabilities in the workforce; and provide you with information that can enhance your business.
- “Getting to Equal: The Disability Inclusion Advantage”:
- “Enabling Change: Getting to Equal 2020: Disability Inclusion”:
- “Disability Etiquette: A Starting Guide”:
- “2020 Disability Equality Index Report”:
- “Disability Inclusion Employment Best Practices”:
- “Disability Inclusion Global Best Practices Report”:
- EARN (Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion):
- JAN (Job Accommodation Network):
While you’re here, check out our Mission Employment page and learn about our initiatives to include young adults with disabilities and other barriers to employment in the workforce!
Interested in being the bridge to a young person’s inclusion in the Erie County workforce? Partner with us! Contact Norma Lewis, Director of Mission Employment, for more details.