Outreach and Office Coordinator
Organization: Mission Empower
Location: 1611 Peach Street Suite 120 Erie, PA 16501
Contact Name: Jill Hrinda-Patten
Contact Phone Number: 814-825-0788 ext 101
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach and Office Coordinator for Mission Empower, Community Parent Resource Center
Provides volunteer and office coordination, media and general outreach in order for Mission Empower to support and communicate with children, youth, and young adults with disabilities and their families, funders, and the general community.
RECORD KEEPING AND DOCUMENT PREPARATION:
• Responsible for maintaining office filing and recordkeeping systems including: databases, confidential files, intake packets, new employee packets, grant informational systems, and other related documents.
• Produces letters, memos, spreadsheets, and agendas from straight copy, rough draft, or oral instructions.
• Creates and maintains adequate number of copies of brochures, flyers, manuals, and handbooks.
• Answers and documents information and referral phone or email requests from parents, staff, students, volunteers, and clients regarding organizational services, general resources, training or other events.
• Acts as office receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
• Maintains the resource library by organizing and ordering materials.
STAFF AND VOLUNTEER SUPPORT:
• Copies and distributes new hire packets and records.
• Submit PA criminal record and child clearances and FBI clearances for staff and volunteers.
• Coordinates and prepares for meetings and special events by assisting with registrations, payments, and confirmation, reserving rooms, and arranging for refreshments and necessary equipment.
• Sorts, distributes, and redirects mail and Prepares bulk mailings.
• Maintains inventory of office supplies and orders as necessary.
• Operates standard office equipment.
• Gather, write and edit information regarding events, trainings, resources and other news items– both from Mission Empower and other organizations in the state or across the nation for the e-newsletter.
• Monitor and report on the use of the newsletters.
• Maintain accurate email list of subscribers.
OUTREACH, TRAINING AND EVENT COORDINATION:
• Create new or edit existing content of all training/event/agency brochures/flyers.
• Assist with online registration and reaching families via publications, e-newsletter, email, and phone.
• Promotes events through all avenues: social media, publications and local media, and news outlets.
• Conduct M.E. informational presentations or staff informational booths to partner organizations.
• Develop & cultivate community relationships and partnerships supporting M.E.’s mission and outreach by meeting leaders individually, attending forums & symposiums, sitting on coalitions and workgroups.
• Enter training evaluation results into the M.E. data base.
• Research and post general information and resources on the M.E. social media sites including events and trainings.
• Monitor and report on effects of social media.
• Associates or BA in office management, marketing, public relations, and communications related field.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the inclusion of youth with disabilities into all realms of life and society.
• Excellent oral and written communication and editing skills.
• Have an aptitude for aesthetic design in print and electronic media.
• Have an aptitude for social media and in tracking analytics of all Mission Empower electronic media.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
• Personal experience with a disability preferred.
This is a part-time nonexempt/hourly position. M.E. is an equal opportunity employer.
JHP, Executive Director 11/5/2020
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2020
Tentative Start Date: December 14th, 2020
Preferred Application Method: Email
We invite you to apply to be part of a team of passionate professionals that make a difference in the lives of children and youth with disabilities and their families every day! By supporting parents to be their child’s best informed advocate to help their children use their gifts and talents, you will help enable these children and youth to reach for the stars. You will be a part of a team where your strengths will grow and you will flourish as you make a difference in our community. Flexible schedules and lots of opportunities to use your creativity are two of our greatest benefits.
Other information: Use the following link to apply: