Student Screening and Service Agreement
Participation in the Mission Read program is voluntary. The program is designed to help students achieve literacy goals. Failure to comply with the following conditions will result in dismissal from the program. Students who are unable to pass the student screening will not be enrolled in the program.
- The student is between the ages of 6-8 when beginning the program.
- The student has the ability to attend to a learning task for 45 minutes-1 hour.
- The student is functioning below level in reading.
- The student will participate in a screening assessment and pass the assessment in order to be paired with a tutor.
- The student will be given assessments to determine progress. The student will complete assessments when required.
- The student will attend tutoring sessions a minimum of 2 hours per week of an hour per session.
- The parent/guardian will contact the tutor or Mission Empower if the student cannot be on time, or cannot attend a scheduled tutoring session. An unexcused absence will occur if there has not been prior contact with the tutor.
- Two unexcused absences will result in an administrative review or termination.
- The student shall not request nor accept transportation from the tutor.
- If a student has a history of violent behavior, the parent/guardian must make Mission Empower aware of it. Failure to do so will result in immediate termination.
- Mission Empower reserves the right to refuse services if danger to staff, volunteers, or other students is perceived.
- Disrespectful, disruptive, violent behavior, or threat of violence during participation in the program will result in dismissal.
- The student may be released from the program at the discretion of program Director if he/she shows no measurable progress.
This student screening and service agreement has been read and explained to me. I understand and agree to abide by the terms of this service agreement (signature on form).